[News] Mozilla Turns to Direct2D

Firefox coders propose fast-graphics deadline

,----[ Quote ]
| And now the Mozilla graphics team have
| issued themselves a goal, according to a
| mailing list message: ship a developer
| preview version of Firefox with Direct2D
| support that will work on at least some
| machines by the end of the second quarter.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20001469-264.html

Mozillaâs Q1 2010 Analyst Report â State of the Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Today we released the first ever Mozilla
| Quarterly Analyst Report, focusing on the
| State of the Internet.  This is the start
| of something newâ in addition to metrics
| related discussions on this blog and across
| the broader community, we wanted to create
| a somewhat standardized, ongoing report
| capturing the state of the internet as seen
| through Mozillaâs eyes.  You should expect
| to see this report released at the end of
| each calendar quarter.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/metrics/2010/03/31/mozillas-q1-2010-analyst-report-state-of-the-internet/

Firefox 3.5.9 and 3.0.19 security updates now available

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of Mozillaâs ongoing security and
| stability update process, Firefox 3.5.9 and
| Firefox 3.0.19 are now available for
| Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download.
| As always, we recommend that users keep up
| to date with the latest stability and
| support versions of Firefox, and encourage
| all our users to upgrade to the very latest
| version, Firefox 3.6.2.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2010/03/30/firefox-3-5-9-and-3-0-19-security-updates-now-available/

Mozilla Updates Firefox for Security, Ends 3.0.x Branch

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/secu/article.php/3873936/Mozilla-Updates-Firefox-for-Security-Ends-30x-Branch.htm

Mozilla spits out last version of Firefox 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| On Tuesday, the open sourcers pushed out
| Firefox 3.0.19, which includes several
| security and stability updates, and in a
| brief blog post, Mozilla's Christian
| Legnitto confirmed that this would be
| version 3's final incarnation. It patches
| six vulnerabilities, five listed as
| critical.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/mozilla_releases_last_firefox_three/

Firefox developers block old CSS leak

,----[ Quote ]
| The issue is caused by the fact that
| traditionally web browsers have displayed
| visited and unvisited links differently. A
| web application can use this information to
| find out what pages a user has visited. The
| W3C has responded to this problem by
| modifying the CSS 2.1 specification to
| allow browsers to represent all links as
| unvisited, or to take other measures to
| ensure the privacy of the user.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Firefox-developers-block-old-CSS-leak-968670.html