[News] New Signs of Free Software Gaining Ground in Education

  • Subject: [News] New Signs of Free Software Gaining Ground in Education
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:23:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Journal: State Leaders Weigh In on Open Source Assessment

,----[ Quote ]
| As an advocate for open source the additional
| observations left me feeling good because I
| can assist with many of them. I currently
| present at educational technology conferences
| about FOSS and how it provides greater value
| to education than merely lowering costs.
`----

http://ftbeowulf.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/the-journal-state-leaders-weigh-in-on-open-source-assessment/

A K12 Educatorâs Guide to Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Since this needed to be a single double-sided
| sheet of information, itâs been edited quite
| judiciously! A lot of great stuff has been
| left out here, but I think this is a sampling
| of the best-of-the-best of the resources out
| there. So if youâre a K12 educator looking for
| more information on open source but
| overwhelmed by the amount of info out there,
| Iâm hoping this will be a good shortlist for
| you to start from!
`----

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/a-k12-educators-guide-to-open-source-software/

Recent:

Update: Report: School Leaders Interested in Learning About Open Source Platform for Internet-Based Testing

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ca.sys-con.com/node/1332398/print