[News] Ballnux Produces OpenSUSE Beego and OpenSUSE Li-F-E

  • Subject: [News] Ballnux Produces OpenSUSE Beego and OpenSUSE Li-F-E
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:56:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Announce: openSUSE Beego

,----[ Quote ]
| the openSUSE distribution is the perfect base
| for specialized projects focusing on a certain
| area of application. Today, I am happy to
| announce the start of the openSUSE Beego
| project and ask you to join in and help to
| bring it to a success, because we rely on your
| support and enthusiasm.
`----

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/04/01/announce-opensuse-beego/

OpenSUSE Li-F-E vs. Edubuntu vs. Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| At any rate, I was looking for the equivalent
| of the old Edubuntu distributions that
| included both a fully functioning and
| incredibly easy LTSP configuration and lots of
| great software for kids. LTSP (Linux Terminal
| Server Project) is now included on the
| Alternate CDs for Ubuntu and a trial platform
| is included on the Live DVD of Li-F-E.
| Actually getting it running in production on
| OpenSUSE? That requires a bit more
| configuration. Edubuntu? Itâs an add-on now
| that supplies quite a bit of educational
| software, much like the extra layers in Li-F-
| E. As with Li-F-E, the cool server-oriented
| software doesnât work as well out of the box
| as the desktop applications.
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=3767

Recent:

SUSE Linux Enterprise 11's renewal plans

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-11-s-renewal-plans-967432.html