[News] [Rival] Xbox Accounts Still Being Hijacked, Even Microsoft's

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Xbox Accounts Still Being Hijacked, Even Microsoft's
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:25:31 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's 'Major Nelson' Suffers Xbox Live Account Theft

,----[ Quote ]
| A Microsoft representative confirmed that
| a group of hackers gained temporary
| control of the Xbox Live Account owned by
| Larry Hryb, the Xbox Live programming
| director who goes by the online handle
| "Major Nelson."
`----

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27859/Microsofts_Major_Nelson_Suffers_Xbox_Live_Account_Theft.php

Hacker targets Xbox Live director

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6254330.html

Microsoft's Major Nelson Has XBL and Gamercard Account Hacked

http://www.gofanboy.com/home/news-archive/2256-microsofts-major-nelson-has-xbl-and-gamercard-account-hacked

Microsoft Investigating Major Nelson Account Hack

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1080386p1.html

OMG! Major Nelson falls victim to Xbox Live hack attack

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/49153-omg-major-nelson-falls-victim-to-xbox-live-hack-attack

Article: Major Nelsonâs account hacked

http://news.zergwatch.com/2010/03/29/article-major-nelsons-account-hacked/

Microsoft's Major Nelson gets hacked

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240800

Xbox Live Director's Account Hacked! (Are You Next?)

http://kotaku.com/5504145/nsfw-xbox-live-directors-account-hacked-are-you-next

Microsoftâs Xbox 360 Will Never Have a Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft officially declares that the
| Xbox 360 will not be receiving a browser.
`----

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsofts-xbox-360-will-never-have-a-browser/

Microsoft again says no browser for 360

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18312/1/

Microsoft: Xbox 360 Isn't Getting A Web Browser

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/703591/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Isnt-Getting-A-Web-Browser-.html

Loves It or HATES IT! 4.2.10: Microsoft

http://www.411mania.com/games/columns/134656

Related:

Microsoft: There Were XBL Security Issues Last Week

,----[ Quoet ]
| What a twisted tale we weave. It all started in the middle of last
| week when Microsoft told C|Net they were beginning an investigation
| into possible fraud and account theft on Xbox Live. Scary stuff, but
| not to worry; the very next day, popular Microsoft blogger Major
| Nelson posted there was, in fact, no security compromise. Not so
| fast, though.
|
| Late Friday, Nelson posted another security update, this one with a
| very different story to tell. Apparently some wires crossed before,
| and he was a little off the mark.
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158219

[Full-disclosure] Xbox live accounts are being stolen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2007-March/053032.html