[News] [Rival] Microsoft Sues Competition Using Patents

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Sues Competition Using Patents
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:26:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft sues Datel for patent infringement on gamepads

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has filed suit (PDF) in a
| Seattle court and with the ITC against
| British gaming accessories maker Datel for
| patent infringement. Redmond claims the
| peripheral company stole various design
| patents from the Xbox 360 controller.
|
| At first glance, Datel's $30 TurboFire and
| $50 WildFire controllers obviously bear
| much resemblance to Microsoft's Xbox 360
| gamepad, though minor aesthetics do vary.
| To be fair, plenty of other companies have
| similar clones, but they must have more
| than just trivial differences.
`----

http://www.techspot.com/news/38460-Microsoft-sues-Datel-for-patent-infringement-on-gamepads.html

Microsoft Launches Legal Battle Against UK-based Datel

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/4/3/microsoft-launches-legal-battle-against-uk-based-datel/

Microsoft Sues Datel Over 360 Controllers

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99658-Microsoft-Sues-Datel-Over-360-Controllers

Microsoft Going After British Control Pad Company

http://kotaku.com/5507839/microsoft-going-after-british-control-pad-company

Microsoft Sues Datel Over Game Controllers

Microsoft Sues U.K.-Based Control Pad Company

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Midmarket/Microsoft-Sues-UKBased-Control-Pad-Company-339345/

Microsoft Suing Datel For Copying Controller Design

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/108/1081677p1.html

Microsoft sues Datel for allegedly copying Xbox gamepads

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/04/02/datel.sued.for.copying.microsoft.xbox.360.gamepad/

Microsoft sues UK company over Xbox 360 controller

http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-law-brief/49210-microsoft-sues-uk-company-over-xbox-360-controller

Microsoft suing Datel over controller design

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-suing-datel-over-controller-design-169701.phtml

Microsoft v Datel â MS looking for scraps off the table?

,----[ Quote ]
| Why should you invent anything when you
| can merely patent the idea and then wheel
| out your portfolio when you think the time
| is right?  Readers to Openbytes may
| remember Microsoftâs holodeck which was
| reported here and now it seems Datel is
| albeit Microsoft legal.
|
| Datel is apparently infringing the
| following patents, D521,015, D522,011,
| D547,763, D581,422, D563,480, and D565,688
| but in a nutshell its about Datelâs
| controller looking like Microsoftâs. â Is
| this an example of Microsoft settling for
| scraps off the floor because of the
| increase in popularity to alternatives of
| most of its product base? â If so I think
| we can expect more âspitefulâ behaviour as
| Microsoft canât be best pleased that they
| lost the  appeal in the i4i case.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/microsoft-v-datel-ms-looking-for-scraps-off-the-table/

Recent:

Microsoft and Apple stole our technology

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1591519/microsoft-apple-stole-technology