[News] Several GNU/Linux Events Take Place in the Arab World and Elsewhere

  • Subject: [News] Several GNU/Linux Events Take Place in the Arab World and Elsewhere
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 20:59:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Egypt: Linux InstallFest a Success!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Egyptian Linux Users Group organizes an
| event every now and then in order to raise
| the awareness of the masses of Free Open
| Source Software (FOSS). They help
| distribute Linux CDs for free, help people
| in installing Linux on their machines, and
| give awareness sessions and brief
| introductions to FOSS-related software and
| technology.
`----

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2010/04/06/egypt-linux-installfest-a-success/

UNISSA, BOSSC hold networking event today

,----[ Quote ]
| UNISSA (Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali)
| and the Brunei Open Source Software
| Community (BOSSC) will be holding a
| networking event today from 2pm to 4.30pm
| at the basement of the UNISSA library.
`----

http://news.brunei.fm/2010/04/03/unissa-bossc-hold-networking-event-today/

Popularity of Open Source Software rising

,----[ Quote ]
| THE Brunei Open Source Software Community
| (BOSSC) kicked off a successful networking
| event highlighting examples of Open Source
| Software (OSS) as a major tool in national
| development.
|
| At an event held at Universiti Islam Sultan
| Sharif Ali (Unissa) Library, the Brunei
| Open Source Software Community (BOSSC) held
| four presentations hosted by Unissaâs
| Centre for Promotion of Knowledge and
| Language Learning.
`----

http://news.brunei.fm/2010/04/06/popularity-of-open-source-software-rising/

Acadiana Open Source software group now meeting at LITE

,----[ Quote ]
| Many computer users are not aware of the
| wealth of free software that is available
| to the public; one of the most prominent
| being browsers like Mozilla Firefox.
| âRaising awareness and evangelizing open
| source software and its benefits is part of
| the mission of our group,â adds Turland.
| âIf someone is interested in using open
| source software and isn't sure how to get
| started, we're more than happy to help them
| out.â
`----

http://www.theind.com/indextra/5991-acadiana-open-source-software-group-at-lite

SouthEast LinuxFest Announces Partial Speaker List

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/12010.html