[News] Application for File Indexing/event/metadats in GNU/Linux Improves, Backup Software Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Application for File Indexing/event/metadats in GNU/Linux Improves, Backup Software Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:28:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Making free smarter

,----[ Quote ]
| Zeitgeist can give Gnome/KDE/Maemo all of
| this right now. Think of a desktop that
| learns how you do things from the way you
| do things, the time you do things at and in
| which program you use them in. Zeitgeist is
| not just a logger it is your
| desktop/phone/netbook/smartbook/server but
| smarter.
`----

http://shanefagan.com/2010/04/05/making-free-smarter/

Rocking with Zeitgeist

,----[ Quote ]
| I must say I am very excited about the new
| developments happening in the Zeitgeist
| Worldâ I have no idea where to start but
| here goes nothing.
`----

http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2010/04/rocking-with-zeitgeist/

Kleo Bare Metal Backups review

,----[ Quote ]
| When you launch the Kleo wizard, you are
| asked if you want to back up or restore
| data. If you choose the former, you are
| able to pick the partitions on your
| computer that you want to back up. The
| great thing about backing up the whole
| system using such a Live edition of Linux
| is that you can restore your system without
| the need for any other software. All you
| need is the Live disc, access to your
| backups, and a functional computer to
| restore to. The flexibility of being able
| to take snapshots of selected partitions is
| great, especially in a case where you are
| short of storage space for your backups.
| This way you can take a snapshot of your
| important partitions.
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/kleo-bare-metal-backups-review/

Recent:

Nautilus With Zeitgeist Integration Already Functional [How-to]

,----[ Quote ]
| To use it you can either patch Nautilus or
| just have a new bookmark in Nautilus. If you
| are not very confortable with compiling
| software from source, I suggest you skip to
| the "For both with and without the Nautilus
| patch (start from here to install it without
| the Nautilus patch!)" part.
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/03/nautilus-with-zeitgeist-integration_05.html

Nautilus + Zeitgeist