[News] Verizon Turns Against Its Facts

Verizon CEO: Other nations 'not even close' to U.S. in broadband

,----[ Quote ]
| Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg on Tuesday subtly
| slammed the premise of the FCC's National
| Broadband Plan, stressing the United States
| was already the envy of other countries in
| broadband adoption.
|
| Even though the FCC argues otherwise --
| chiefly presenting its broadband

| recommendations as a way to expand high-
| speed Internet services while returning the
| U.S. market to the top of the world
| rankings -- Seidenberg said it was other
| nations that lagged behind.
|
| "One. Not even close," the CEO said of the
| U.S. market's broadband standing during a
| discussion at the Council on Foreign
| Relations.
`----

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/91077-verizon-ceo-other-nations-not-even-close-to-us-in-broadband

Verizon CEO: Studies be damned, US is tops in broadband

,----[ Quote ]
| Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg sat down for an
| on-the-record conversation yesterday at the
| Council for Foreign Relations, and he
| pulled no punches: the US is number one in
| the world when it comes to broadband. We're
| so far ahead of everyone else, it's "not
| even close."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/04/verizon-ceo-studies-be-damned-us-is-tops-in-broadband.ars

Recent:

ndroid Gets a Big Backer in Verizon, and Palm Opens Up

,----[ Quote ]
| The prospects for mobile open source just get brighter
| and brighter. Following months of rumors, Verizon
| Wireless has said that it will put substantial resources
| behind the open source Android platform, in a broad
| partnership with Google. Google and Verizon will work
| together to deliver new products and services that they
| say will arrive "in the hands of consumers quickly."
| Notably, both companies have pledged to put unique
| applications onto handsets, including apps from their
| internal developers and others from third-party
| developers.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/android-gets-a-big-backer-in-verizon-and-palm-opens-up

Google, Verizon teaming to develop Android devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Verizon and Google have entered into an agreement to
| jointly develop wireless devices based on Google's open-
| source Android mobile platform.
|
| During a teleconference today, Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam
| and Google CEO Eric Schmidt outlined the companies' new
| strategic partnership that will develop Android-based
| smartphones, PDAs and netbooks, and deliver users with
| applications sold through the Android Market app store.
| Verizon says that it will have two Android-based
| handsets on the market by year-end with more to come by
| 2010.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9138997/Google_Verizon_teaming_to_develop_Android_devices?taxonomyId=88

Red Hat Linux helps to power Verizon's Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/06/red-hat-linux-helps-to-powers.html