[News] Tablets Running Android/Linux to Comes from Toshiba

  • Subject: [News] Tablets Running Android/Linux to Comes from Toshiba
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:52:34 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Toshiba prepping Android, Windows tablets

,----[ Quote ]
| The company already offers similar products,
| including the Journe Touch, in European
| markets. The device is focused on mobile
| Internet activities, running a version of
| Windows CE that does not support third-party
| apps. The US Android offering will take
| advantage of the range of content available
| through the respective Market.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/04/14/company.considering.several.form.factors/

A fragmented Android universe

,----[ Quote ]
| Three months ago, these same statistics showed
| version 1.6 leading the field with more than
| 50% of users, with version 2.1 not even
| listed. Such statistics are useful for
| developers, who need to test their
| applications on different versions. They also
| reveal, however, that companies selling
| Android smartphones seem to have little
| interest in supplying existing customers with
| updated versions of the OS.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/A-fragmented-Android-universe-977669.html

Recent:

Debian Linux on the Toshiba Libretto 100ct â Part 1 Installing the Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
| I got this little Toshiba Libretto for myself
| for Christmas as a tinkering project, as Iâve
| mentioned previously. I like to tinker with
| computers, and I wanted a machine that I could
| use to experiment with a full installation of
| Linux. I also wanted to restrict myself to a
| command line interface only to internalize the
| use on the console.
`----

http://nathanbibb.com/journal/2010/02/debian-linux-on-the-toshiba-libretto-100ct-part-1-installing-the-operating-system/

Toshiba Launches Unified Messaging For Small Businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux appliance is designed to provide
| affordable messaging to small and medium-
| sized businesses, with 400 mailboxes and 300
| hours of storage.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/telecom/unified_communications/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=221800453

Toshiba Bringing Netbook To U.S. Market