[News] Google Speaks About Its Own GNU/Linux Distribution (Chrome OS)

  • Subject: [News] Google Speaks About Its Own GNU/Linux Distribution (Chrome OS)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:43:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google: âWith Chrome OS, Net access will be in a few secondsâ

,----[ Quote ]
| The product manager Anders Sandholm behind the
| scenes development of Chrome and Chrome 5 OS.
| Two programs pursuing the same goal: faster
| access to Web applications.
|
| With 40 million users, Chrome is now the third
| most used browser in the world. A software
| that Google has managed to impose only a year
| and a half, thanks to a marketing campaign
| unprecedented for a browser. This is just the
| beginning.
`----

http://www.exploreeverything.com/2010/04/15/google-with-chrome-os-net-access-will-be-in-a-few-seconds/

Google Chrome Cloud Printing Enables Universal Printing

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps one of the biggest drawbacks of the
| anticipated Google Chrome OS has been the
| absence of computer peripherals compatibility.
| The drivers contained in printer software etc.
| simply haven't been announced compatible with
| Google's operating system, requiring printer
| owners to use Linux or Windows to print pages
| from the internet. Yesterday though, Google
| announced a significant step to repair this
| weakness in their operating system, with the
| introduction of: Google Chrome Cloud Printing.
`----

http://news.printerinks.com/2010/04/google-chrome-cloud-printing-enables.html

Recent:

Parallels Officially Supports Google Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Thereâs also a bigger story here: Parallels
| provides the base software foundation for
| many VARs and software developers that are
| deploying SaaS (software as a service)
| applications. Now, that SaaS ecosystem may
| be more inclined to give Googleâs Chrome OS
| a look.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/03/09/parallels-officially-supports-google-chrome-os/

Google talks Chrome OS, HTML5, and the future of software

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/01/chrome-os-interview-1.ars