[News] Free Software and Transparency Help Save Lives

  • Subject: [News] Free Software and Transparency Help Save Lives
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:57:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

GNUmed 0.7.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| I am pleased to announce the immediate
| availability of
| GNUmed 0.7.0 (server v13).
`----

http://linuxmednews.com/1271055423/index_html

When transparency can save lives

,----[ Quote ]
| Dan Froomkin has a good write-up of the Mine
| Safety and Health Administrationâs (MSHA)
| failure to release certain notes related to
| violations that Massey Energyâs Upper Big
| Branch Mine was cited for in the past year.
| The Upper Big Branch Mine was the site of the
| worst coal mining disaster in the United
| States in the past forty years.
`----

http://blog.sunlightfoundation.com/2010/04/14/when-transparency-can-save-lives/

Recent:

GNUmed Live CD 0.3.8 released

,----[ Quote ]
| A new GNUmed live CD is out. With the help of this CD one
| can testdrive GNUmed without altering the currently running
| environment such as operating system. No installation
| neccessary.
`----

http://linuxmednews.com/1230103050

Let your medical practice go open source with Gnumed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/20/let-your-medical-practice-go-open-source-with-gnumed/