[News] Updates on Free Software in Governments Across Europe

  • Subject: [News] Updates on Free Software in Governments Across Europe
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:58:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

User survey: OSOR needs more promotion

,----[ Quote ]
| The visitors and users of the European
| Union's Open Source Observatory and
| Repository, OSOR.eu, want the project to do
| more to promote itself.
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/user-survey-osor-needs-more-promotion

Lib Dem manifesto focuses on âbetterâ IT procurement

,----[ Quote ]
| "As part of the review, we will seek to
| identify additional savings which can be
| used to pay down the deficit further,
| including better government IT procurement,
| investigating the potential of different
| approaches, such as cloud computing and
| open-source software," Nick Clegg, Liberal
| Democrats leader, wrote in the manifesto.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/government-law/public-sector/news/index.cfm?newsid=19823

Conservative manifesto aims for open data

,----[ Quote ]
| Large ICT projects would be opened to
| smaller suppliers by breaking them up into
| smaller components. All government tender
| documents worth more than Â10,000 would
| appear on the Supply2Gov website, a far
| lower level than that currently used by the
| Official Journal of the European Union, and
| a "level playing field" would be created
| for open source ICT in government
| procurement.
`----

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/regulation/2010/04/14/conservative-manifesto-aims-for-open-data-40088620/

Government remains vague on open-source commitments

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2261407/government-remains-vague-open