[News] Linux Maturity Demonstrated by Synaptics Port

  • Subject: [News] Linux Maturity Demonstrated by Synaptics Port
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:53:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Synaptics Brings Advanced MultiTouch To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Listen to Tom and Larry discuss this
| announcement in the April 20 episode (#100)
| of the Going Linux Podcast.
`----

http://goinglinux.com/articles/SynapticsBringsAdvancedMultiTouchToLinux.html

Synaptics Gesture Suite Ported To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| On Friday we were briefed by Synaptics that
| they would be "announcing much-desired
| capabilities for notebook PCs running Linux
| and other open source operating systems",
| which we found out to mean that they were
| bringing their Synaptics Gesture Suite
| software to Linux. Today this announcement
| has now been made in the form of a press
| release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE2Mg

Multitouch Trackpad Gestures coming to Linux, Chrome, and Other OSes

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you wanted multi-touch support on your
| notebook's touchpad, but were out of luck
| because you've been running Ubuntu?
| Synaptics announced today the extension of
| its Gesture Suite to several Linux
| operating systems, which means that you can
| now zoom, flick, rotate, and ChiralScroll
| to your heart's content on your Linux box.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194509/multitouch_trackpad_gestures_coming_to_linux_chrome_and_other_oses.html

Synaptics lets Linux gadgets give the iPad 10 fingers

,----[ Quote ]
| Appleâs multitouch finger controls on the
| iPad have inspired a wave of copycat tablet
| computers that will be out later this year.
| Those copycats are likely to get help from
| touch-sensor company Synaptics, which is
| announcing today that it has created a
| Linux version of its multitouch sensor
| system.
`----

http://mobile.venturebeat.com/2010/04/19/with-synaptics-multitouch-gestures-linux-gadgets-can-match-the-ipad/

Recent:

Multitouch screens in Linux/Xorg/GTK+

http://vimeo.com/9043676

Multitouch Gestures on Linux? You Got It!!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Most Linux distros donât yet support
| multitouch screens out of the box, but that
| doesnât matter, because Franceâs ENAC
| Interactive Computing Lab has put together a
| video demonstrating multitouch on a PC
| running Fedora 12 on what looks to be be a
| 10-inch touchscreen display.
`----

http://torrentbomb.com/news/multitouch-gestures-on-linux-you-got-it/501

Linux + Multitouch display = open source 10 fingered goodness

,----[ Quote ]
| In order to emulate these results, youâll need
| the Linux kernel 2.6.31, a modified version of
| X.org 1.7, and supported hardware and drivers.
| So weâre not quite at the point where you can
| just pick up a netbook with a multitouch
| display, install Fedora or another Linux
| distro, and expect to tap your way to bliss
| with up to 10 fingers on the screen. But weâre
| getting closer.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/12/linux-multitouch-display-open-source-10-fingered-goodness.html

Linux touchscreen advances

,----[ Quote ]
| French development group at ENAC have developed native multitouch using the
| Linux 2.6.30 kernel, and can support swipe, flip, rotate and pinch-resize
| gestures...
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blogs/open-source-linux/2009/06/linux-touchscreen-advances.html

Multitouch screencast overload