[News] GNU/Linux and the Bank: Symbiotic Relationship Only With Forging

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux and the Bank: Symbiotic Relationship Only With Forging
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:27:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Bank, the Linux User and the 9-Month Call for Help

,----[ Quote ]
| Garrett Heaton has been struggling for months
| to get his bank to open up its deposit@home
| feature to Linux and Unix. As he and a few
| other savvy users have figured out, there's no
| real technical barrier. All Linux users have
| to do is pretend to be a Mac. For nine months,
| the bank has been declining Heaton's
| persistent, polite and helpful requests --
| and, amazingly, he is still a very loyal
| customer.
|
| [...]
|
| The bank does not currently support Linux for
| its Deposit@Home service, company spokesperson
| Lisa Carr confirmed, though she added that
| "we're always considering ways to expand the
| services we offer to additional platforms."
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/The-Bank-the-Linux-User-and-the-9-Month-Call-for-Help-69811.html

Recent:

Why You Donât Need Anti-Virus Software For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://davestechsupport.com/blog/2010/03/10/why-you-dont-need-anti-virus-software-for-linux/