[News] Wil Wheaton on Desktop GNU/Linux Since 2002

  • Subject: [News] Wil Wheaton on Desktop GNU/Linux Since 2002
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:29:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wil Wheaton Prime uses Linux to bring you Evil Wil Wheaton sitting in Sheldon's spot.

,----[ Quote ]
| If you've been reading my blog for a long time
| (or you've gone through the archives) you know
| that I love the Linux operating system. I
| first switched to Linux in 2002, and
| eventually ended up running a heavily-modified
| version of Debian for years, until I was
| seduced by the elegance and stability of OS X.
| From time to time, though, I grab a LiveCD
| (usually Ubuntu, these days, though I've gone
| through most of them at one time or another)
| and spend an hour or so poking around to see
| what's new and how quickly I can break it.
|
| Shortly before I went to Vancouver for Eureka,
| I burned an iso of Ubuntu 10.4 beta, to see
| what all the fuss was about (short version:
| Ubuntu made some significant UI changes for
| that version, and a lot of Linux users are
| apparently as keen on change as Garth was in
| Wayne's World.)
|
| My incredibly short review: I liked it.
`----

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2010/04/wil-wheaton-prime-uses-linux-to-bring-you-evil-wil-wheaton-sitting-in-sheldons-spot.html

Future on Ubuntu and Desktop Linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| I honestly asked myself the other day, âdo I
| really need to use Windows?â
|
| And then thatâs when hit me, Ubuntu linux was
| now pretty up to par with Windows
| counterparts, thereâs so much support and
| improvements happening, there was not many
| reasons I would need to continue using
| Windows.
`----

http://zedomax.com/blog/2010/04/18/future-on-ubuntu-and-desktop-linux/

Related:

(Linux) 10d10t

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not a Windows guy, for all the reasons people who aren't
| Windows users cite, but rather than waste everyone's time with
| another variation on the same old rant, I'll just say that I
| don't like the way Windows works, and I don't trust Microsoft.
`----

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2007/02/10d10t.html

Wil Wheaton's Geek in Review: Rockin' the Linuxburbs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/20496/