[News] A Look at Existing a New KDE Applications

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Existing a New KDE Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:40:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

An Introduction to KDE Games

,----[ Quote ]
| For a long time KDE has come with an
| assortment of games. Collectively, this suite
| of games is simply called âKDE Gamesâ. With
| the advent of KDE 4, all of the KDE games were
| given face lifts and a standard set of
| features that make moving from game to game a
| seamless exercise.
|
| The games are two dimensional and do not run
| inside of a separate layer like SDL. Instead
| they run inside a normal KDE window, utilizing
| the standard QT interface. Nevertheless, the
| rendering of of the graphics is amazingly
| impressive because of the use of SVG vector
| graphics. With SVG, the animations are smooth
| and the images are scalable. You can play in a
| small window or maximize it without losing any
| of its quality.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/an-introduction-to-kde-games/2010/04/19

New kid on the block: Plasma Water Animation

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm glad to make available a fresh new Plasma
| animation: WaterAnimation. This animations
| uses the ripple effect to produce a liquefied
| behavior on the target widget. An example of
| the animation behavior can be seen below,
| enjoy! :-)
`----

http://brunoabinader.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-kid-on-block-plasma-water-animation.html

KDE time travel

,----[ Quote ]
| In my âquestâ to update KDE-related Wikipedia
| articles, I had to do more research than I
| expected and I needed to fix things I didnât
| expect. But that research was fun, too. It
| brought me back in time when I was still a
| teen who tried to get some ancient Linux
| distribution working and fiddled around with
| KDE 1.
`----

http://kamikazow.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/kde-time-travel/

Grantlee Version 0.1.0 Out

,----[ Quote ]
| Grantlee version 0.1.0 has been released by
| the Grantlee team. For those not in the know,
| Django is a high-level Python Web framework.
| It can be used to develop websites, and offers
| numerous features to make such a task easier.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/04/12/grantlee-version-010-out

Gluon Decides on New Structure in Preparation for First Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The freedom of gamers as it is now is limited
| by the game industry's old fashioned
| insistence on limiting the distribution of
| games. Gluon aims at breaking this by
| providing both the makers of games and the
| players of games with a new platform for
| sharing the experience of playing games, and
| for providing feedback to each other - both in
| the form of comments and ratings, but also
| through a donation based payment system. So:
| There's a revolution coming where the freedom
| of gaming is at the center.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/04/20/gluon-decides-new-structure-preparation-first-release

Recent:

4.5 updates so far

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm not going to make a detailed post, just a
| screen-shot based overview of the new features
| you can expect in KDE 4.5.
`----

http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/2010/04/15/4-5-updates-so-far/

KDE 4.5 Release Schedule Ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we finished the KDE 4.5 release
| schedule. The good news is that you can
| start organising your release party now,
| the expected date for KDE 4.5.0 is August
| 4th 2010.
`----

http://www.omat.nl/2010/04/12/kde-4-5-release-schedule-ready/

Five Improvements for KDE 4.5 (Part 2)

,----[ Quote ]
| In my opinion, the KDE4 desktop is the most
| revolutionary piece of Linux software since
| the Linux kernel itself, and I appreciate how
| it strives to challenge old desktop paradigms
| and introduce new ones.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1447

Five Improvements for KDE 4.5 (Part 1)