[News] Review of Debian GNU/Linux (Squeeze)

Freshly Squeezed Debian: Installing from Live DVD

,----[ Quote ]
| My impression is that Debian values stability
| and functionality over looks and release
| schedules. You can look at this alpha version as
| a preview of Debian's next stable release, or
| you could simply run Debian Testing as a
| constantly-updated "rolling release." Despite
| the "testing" moniker, it's a pretty good
| balance between the stablity of Debian Stable
| and the more up-to-date applications in Debian
| Unstable. It's also got a huge repository of
| over 25,000 available packages and an excellent
| package management system going for it.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/44625

Recent:

Updated Debian GNU/Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| I just noticed that there is an updated
| distribution of the Debian GNU/Linux stable
| branch, lenny 5.0.4. As noted in the press
| release, this release is primarily security
| updates and a few serious problem fixes. If
| you are running Debian lenny and have been
| keeping up to date with the official updates,
| you don't need to reinstall, the purpose of
| this distribution is simply to consolidate all
| the latest updates into a single installable
| distribution.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10015088o-2000498448b,00.htm

My Debian Adventure 3: Squeeze & KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
| This story is all about that experience and my
| personal opinions about that experience. I do
| not attempt to make any generalizations about
| KDE4 in general; in fact, I've read many good
| things about KDE4, written by people who were
| using other Linux distros instead of Debian.
| So any problems that I describe and any
| opinions that I express are limited strictly
| to the current 64-bit, AMD64 Debian Squeeze
| (Testing) and the way that it currently
| installs and configures KDE 4.3.4, ext4 and
| grub2 (grub-pc).
`----

http://www.computerbob.com/guides/my_debian_adventure_3.php

Debian 6.0 Squeeze behind schedule

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian release team are sounding the
| alarm: With only one month left before the
| planned release freeze, the number of
| critical bugs in Debian 6.0 Squeeze is still
| far too high to freeze development and create
| the next stable version of Debian. As a
| result, it has become unlikely that Squeeze
| will be released this summer as scheduled.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Debian-6-0-Squeeze-behind-schedule-925778.html

Why debian rocks

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been quite some time, actually
| years, since I started using Debian.
| Earlier I have used various flavors of
| Linux like SuSE, Red Hat, RHEL, Fedora,
| Ubuntoo but my experience with Debian has
| been so far the best. I just thought to
| write the reasons for which I really like
| Debian compared to other systems.
|
| [...]
|
| Debian is available for a variety of
| architectures and platforms, which further
| increases the user base as well as the
| support base. Ports of debian exist for
| most common architectures like ARM, MIPS,
| PPC, x86, x86_64 etc. There are variety of
| GNU/Linux distribution which are Debian
| based, most notable of them is Ubuntoo,
| which further increases the support and
| user base.