[News] New Linux-Based Firmware Platform for Printers

  • Subject: [News] New Linux-Based Firmware Platform for Printers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:03:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Zoran Launches Inferno, Linux(R)-Based Firmware Platform for Printers, MFPs and Scanners

,----[ Quote ]
| SUNNYVALE, CA, Apr 19, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via
| COMTEX) -- Zoran Corporation
| /quotes/comstock/15*!zran/quotes/nls/zran
| (ZRAN  10.92, -0.11, -1.00%)  is now shipping
| Inferno, a new Linux-based firmware platform
| for its Quatro(R) family of processors that
| allows manufacturers to easily integrate new
| technologies supporting advanced features and
| improved performance in printers, multi-
| function printers (MFPs) and scanners.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/zoran-launches-inferno-linuxr-based-firmware-platform-for-printers-mfps-and-scanners-2010-04-19?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Embedded Masterclass explores multicore options

,----[ Quote ]
| At this year's UK Embedded Masterclass event,
| engineer Paul Tingey from Wind River will give
| a presentation outlining some of the technical
| challenges associated with the design of
| multicore based embedded systems as well as
| the challenges involved in migrating existing
| systems from current single core processing to
| multicore processing.
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2010/04/16/48436/embedded-masterclass-explores-multicore-options.htm

Recent: