[News] Jon 'maddog' Hall Selects Top Free Software Projects; eZ Components Enters Apache

  • Subject: [News] Jon 'maddog' Hall Selects Top Free Software Projects; eZ Components Enters Apache
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:41:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Jon 'maddog' Hall's Picks for Today's Six Best OSS Projects

,----[ Quote ]
| There were other âHot, New OSS Projectsâ
| mentioned by the LUGs, but in order to keep
| the blog entry within the âreasonable lengthâ
| category, I will save some of the others until
| a later date. In the meantime I hope that you
| enjoy reading about some of the projects that
| you might not know, or ones that you do know
| but have âmoved onâ since the last time you
| looked at them.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/301412:jon-maddog-halls-picks-for-todays-six-best-oss-projects-

PHP library eZ Components to be an Apache Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Norwegian company eZ Systems, creators of the
| eZ Publish open source enterprise content
| management system, recently lost the last two
| core developers of the eZ Components PHP
| library. The other project developers left
| earlier in the year. However, the component
| library will continue to live on and have a
| future thanks to an agreement between the
| developers and eZ Systems, sponsors of the
| project for the last few years. The project
| will be continued as a fully open source
| project, renamed as Zeta Components.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/PHP-library-eZ-Components-to-be-an-Apache-Project-982082.html

Recent: