[News] Fedora Prepares for Elections, Insight Into Fedora 13 Features

  • Subject: [News] Fedora Prepares for Elections, Insight Into Fedora 13 Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:58:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fedora elections coming up

,----[ Quote ]
| Per Paulâs announcement on Elections, Fedora
| will be holding Elections for FESCo and the
| Fedora Board starting with nominations opening
| tomorrow.
|
| I am going to throw my hat back in the ring
| for FESCo again. I hope folks will consider
| voting for me.
`----

http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2010/04/23/fedora-elections-coming-up/

Fedora 13 Goddard set to launch with Amazing Features

,----[ Quote ]
| The folks at fedora Project have been
| working hard to release yet another release
| of the Fedora OS. Fedora 13 codenamed
| Goddard is all set to launch on 18th May
| 2010. As always Fedora has been always on
| forefront to implementation of latest
| updates from the Open Source World. Letâs
| have a look at the features which are
| expected to be included in the final
| release of Fedora 13.
`----

http://linux.gauravlive.com/fedora/fedora-13-goddard-set-to-launch-with-amazing-features/

Recent:

Fedora 14 Codenames Come About

,----[ Quote ]
| So far the potential candidates for the Fedora
| 14 codename include Guiness, Scofield, Bhanji,
| Kingsley, Astro, and Bacon. However, there's
| still six days left to voice your input on
| this Fedora Wiki page.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE2OA

Fedora 13 Spotlight Feature: NetworkManager Gets Even More Connected

,----[ Quote ]
| As with previous Fedora releases, weâll once
| again be highlighting some of the new and
| improved features in a series of blogs leading
| up to our latest release, Fedora 13,
| anticipated in mid-May. First up on our list
| is NetworkManager.
`----

http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/20/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-networkmanager-gets-even-more-connected/

Fedora 13 Gains Features, Progresses

,----[ Quote ]
| The current Fedora 13 feature list with
| detailed explanations and status information
| is available from the Fedora Project Wiki.
| Yesterday we also delivered the first Fedora
| 13 benchmarks from a nightly build. The final
| release of Fedora 13 is expected in May while
| the first Alpha release is expected to arrive
| in early March.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg4Ng

fedora-release-rawhide coming to a rawhide near you soon

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2010/01/14/fedora-release-rawhide-coming-to-a-rawhide-near-you-soon/