[News] Pamela Jones Voted a "Most Influential Woman in Technology 2010"; SCO Case Carries on

  • Subject: [News] Pamela Jones Voted a "Most Influential Woman in Technology 2010"; SCO Case Carries on
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:52:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Most Influential Women in Technology 2010: Pamela Jones

,----[ Quote ]
| Groklaw, set up in 2003 at the beginning of
| the SCO-Linux controversies, quickly became
| a go-to resource for tracking legal issues
| surrounding open source and the Web.
| "Groklaw is an attempt to get geeks and
| lawyers together, so they can help each
| other understand the other's world, with
| the goal of ideally getting better court
| results based on technical realities,"
| Jones wrote me a few emails later, when
| there was "a lull in the action." In
| theory, the case should come to a close
| soon, but Jones doesn't have her hopes up
| about what's next. "Next? Is there a next
| with SCO?" she asks. "They are like Night
| of the Living Dead as far as persistence is
| concerned."
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-04-27-025-35-NW-EV

SCO Files Motion for Judgment As a Matter of Law, or For a New Trial

,----[ Quote ]
| SCO has filed its "renewed" motion for
| judgment "as a matter of law", with its
| supporting memorandum. They ask the judge
| to rule over the heads of the jury and
| decide that the jury "simply got it wrong"
| when it ruled that SCO didn't get the
| copyrights in 1995 from Novell. In the
| alternative, they'd like a new trial.

SCO Asks Judge To Give Them the Unix Copyright

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/04/28/128205/SCO-Asks-Judge-To-Give-Them-the-Unix-Copyright

Annotating SCO's Findings of "Fact" and Conclusions of Law - Want to Help?

,----[ Quote ]
| I have been quietly working on a project
| that I now realize would be more fun and
| more effective if we do it together, annotating
| SCO's proposed Findings of Fact and
| Conclusions of Law [PDF]. We were all
| stunned to read what they filed with the
| court, and I thought about historians
| someday reading this document and imagining
| it to be 100% accurate. I don't think it
| is, and so I have begun linking to
| contradictory evidence from SCO itself and
| to other materials that can be helpful to
| anyone someday wishing to know what
| happened. Would you like to help me?

SCO says judge should order Novell to transfer Unix copyrights

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_14963578