[News] Microsoft's Core Business is Dying, Dumping to the Rescure

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft's Core Business is Dying, Dumping to the Rescure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:52:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft wonât be dominating the OS much longer

,----[ Quote ]
| SOFTWARE COLOSSUS Microsoft's dominance of
| the IT industry will disappear within five
| years, as it loses its grip on a facet of
| the industry where smartphone devices will
| be king.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1602970/microsoft-won-t-dominating-os

The real, and unusual, story between Microsoft and Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| But then the grief doesn't end here,
| because the problem will seem even worse if
| you ponder the fact that most people,
| around the world, who use computers can
| barely afford to pay their monthly bills,
| and that all these people are using pirated
| software because:
|
|     * A) That's the only software they've
|     ever known.
|
| And:
|
|     * B) They cannot afford to pay for the
|     annual licensing fee of a genuine copy.
|
| These people have been mass-hypnotized,
| they've been indoctrinated into believing
| that whatever MS gives them is right, and
| that MS software is the only software on
| Earth that actually works. Now, take under
| consideration that MS is a for-profit
| organization after all (Actually, MS is a
| for-nothing-but-profit organization, but ya
| know), and that sooner or later, MS will
| start collecting money in all ways
| possible.
`----

http://becausefreedommatters.blogspot.com/2010/04/real-and-unusual-story-between.html

Recent:

Bing advertisers on wane, says report

,----[ Quote ]
| Due out tomorrow - prior to the release of
| quarterly earnings results from Google,
| Yahoo!, and Microsoft - the report also says
| that's Google share of search advertisers has
| reached a near all-time high of 81.2 per cent.
| All this, and we're just 18 weeks away from
| Bing's much-hyped debut.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/13/bing_first_page_advertisers_on_wane/

Study: Bing search share drops

,----[ Quote ]
| The report found that Bing's percentage of
| searches actually dropped by five percent during
| the month of September to 8.96 percent of all
| searches. Google, by comparison, gained one
| percent to 71.08 percent of all searches. (Chart
| below).
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/study_bing_search_share_drops.html?ana=from_rss

Bing Search Tainted by Pro-Microsoft Results

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://advice.cio.com/shane_oneill/bing_search_tainted_by_pro_microsoft_results