[News] [Rival] Why Windows Security Problems Are Microsoft's Fault and GNU/Linux is Safer

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Why Windows Security Problems Are Microsoft's Fault and GNU/Linux is Safer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:55:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows Security: is Microsoft innocent?

,----[ Quote ]
| Until it can stand tall and proclaim it is
| doing just that, and perhaps more
| importantly the end user can believe as
| much, in the same way that they believe
| Apple and the various flavours of Linux, I
| am afraid that I cannot actually think of a
| single reason why I shouldn't blame
| Microsoft until the cows come home.
|
| Guilty as charged, m'lud.
`----

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/davey-winder-10015443/windows-security-is-microsoft-innocent-10015617/

Compound Vulnerabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| Between the patching, the re-re-reboots,
| the war against malware, and disasters like
| this one, wouldnât the world be much
| further ahead to use GNU/Linux instead? If
| GNU/Linux lacks features that users of IT
| feel is important, they could spend their
| money on improving GNU/Linux instead of
| keeping that other OS alive, sometimes. All
| these billions could be put to better use.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/04/26/compound-vulnerabilities/

'Strong' Passwords May Not Be All They're Cracked Up to Be

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year, Microsoftâs Hotmail service lost
| several thousand user passwords in just
| this way.
`----

http://esecurityplanet.com/features/article.php/3878821/Strong-Passwords-May-Not-Be-All-Theyre-Cracked-Up-to-Be.htm

Recent:

One-third of Security Essentials users infected: Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28745/53/