[News] Android/Linux Reaches TVs, Navigation, and Many Phones

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Reaches TVs, Navigation, and Many Phones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 23:12:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Googleâs TV App Platform May Be Announced Next Month

,----[ Quote ]
| Little is known about the platform so far; a
| report last month said Google had the
| ultimate goal of making it as âeasy for TV
| users to navigate web applications ... as it
| is to change the channel,â while an earlier
| report said that Google wanted to make it
| easy for people to search both TV content
| and web videos.
`----

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-googles-tv-app-platform-may-be-announced-next-month/

Garmin-Asus announces newest Android smartphone with Garmin navigation

,----[ Quote ]
| Cayman Islands/April 28, 2010/Business Wire
| â Garmin-Asus, a co-branded alliance between
| Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), and ASUSTeK
| Computer Inc. (TAIEX: 2357), today announced
| the Garmin-Asus A10, a touchscreen
| smartphone running on the Androidâ platform
| that is optimized for pedestrian navigation.
| The A10 is expected to be available in
| mid-2010 in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
`----

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2010/04/garmin-asus-announces-newest-android-smartphone-with-garmin-navigation.html

Vodafone launches its first, underwhelming Android handset (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| If we know you at all (and we think we know
| you pretty well) you'll probably be amused
| and titillated to learn that Vodafone has
| announced that its first Vodafone-branded
| Android phone will be available this May.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/28/vodafone-launches-its-first-underwhelming-android-handset-vide/

Acer Liquid E Confirmed On Rogers â Coming Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Announced months back, it now looks like
| Rogers will soon be releasing the Acer
| Liquid E. There is no exact release date
| known yet but we will be sure to let you
| know as soon as we do! It isn't the
| prettiest Android phone, but we have seen
| that with Android it's usually the less eye-
| appealing ones that get all the brains and
| brawn.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/04/29/acer-liquid-confirmed-rogers-coming/

Motorola Sells 2.3 Million Android Handsets in Quarter 1

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/04/29/motorola-sells-23-million-android-handsets-quarter-1/

Motorola Backflip Now on Telus for $99.99

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/04/28/motorola-backflip-now-on-telus-for-99-99.html

Recent:

MIPS Puts Android on TV

,----[ Quote ]