[News] How Linux (Kernel Space) Deals Better With High Loads

  • Subject: [News] How Linux (Kernel Space) Deals Better With High Loads
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:09:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Huge page handling and CFS with tickless kernel highlights of RHEL 6 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, Red Hat released the beta version of
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to the public,
| moving the next major release of their popular
| server operating system into the testing and
| hardening phase.
|
| I spoke with Tim Burke, Vice President of Linux
| Engineering at Red Hat, and he filled me in on
| some of the details. Red Hat also has posted a
| blog with extensive product specs for RHEL 6 on
| their website.
`----

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/enterprise-linux/huge-page-handling-and-cfs-with-tickless-kernel-highlights-of-rhel-6-beta/

Recent:

Opinion: RHEL 5 turns 3, Suggestions for Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/happy-third-birthday-rhel5.html