[News] Ballnux (Linux With Microsoft Tax) Continues to Grow, Esp. With New Phones

  • Subject: [News] Ballnux (Linux With Microsoft Tax) Continues to Grow, Esp. With New Phones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:06:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Samsung: âAndroid will be on 50% of our Smartphonesâ

,----[ Quote ]
| There is another sign today that Android
| continues to pick up steam in the smartphone
| industry.  Reuters is reporting that Samsung
| plans to put Android on 50% of it's
| smartphones in 2010, and possibly more
| beyond this year.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/01/samsung-android-50-smartphones/

Critics' Choice Review: HTC Incredible Dubbed 'Best Smartphone'

,----[ Quote ]
| âThe Droid Incredible by HTC is an
| absolutely amazing device,â says PC
| Magazine, giving the phone its Editorsâ
| Choice award and a 4.5 star rating. âThe
| most powerful phone on the U.S. market
| today, it reflects and enhances the state of
| the art smartphone...It's one of our
| highest-rated phones in the past year.â
`----

http://www.enterprisemobiletoday.com/reviews/article.phpr/3879356/Critics-Choice-HTC-Incredible-Dubbed-Best-Smartphone.h

How to root your HTC Legend

,----[ Quote ]
| The HTC Legend, probably one of the best
| Android devices ever, has finally been
| rooted, which means you can now access the
| smartphoneâs file system.
`----

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/smartphones/htc/htclegend/legenduserguides/475329/how_to_root_your_htc_legend.html

Microsoft marches on Android and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| For years, Microsoft has made patent threats
| against Linux. Mind you, Microsoft has never
| proven, or even attempted to prove, any of
| these claims. But that hasn't stopped
| Microsoft from using the threat of Linux
| patent lawsuit to force companies like
| Amazon into paying them off. Now, Microsoft
| has upped the ante. Microsoft has muscled
| mobile phone maker HTC into paying Microsoft
| off for patents that may apply to its Google
| Android-powered phones. In short, without
| actually proving that Linux is violating
| Microsoft's patents, the Redmond giant is
| 'taxing' companies for using Linux.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16025/microsoft_marches_on_android_and_linux

Microsoft Attacks Android in HTC Patent Deal

http://rcpmag.com/articles/2010/04/28/microsoft-attacks-android-in-htc-patent-deal.aspx

openSUSE Weekly News, issue 121 is out!

http://news.opensuse.org/2010/05/01/opensuse-weekly-news-issue-121-is-out/