[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.4 Continues Receiving Good Reviews and Industry Support

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.4 Continues Receiving Good Reviews and Industry Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:39:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 10.4 lives up to the hype

,----[ Quote ]
| With Ubuntu 10.4 there is a lot of good and
| it begins with the installer. One of the
| issues Iâve had with Live CDs is that a new-
| to-Linux user has trouble understanding the
| concept of the live CD. Ubuntu has solved
| this by not really stressing the âlive CDâ
| aspect. Instead they have a bootable CD
| that, upon boot, right away presents you
| with two options:
|
|     * Try out Ubuntu
|     * Install Ubuntu
|
| It canât get any clearer than this. No more
| will new users load up a live CD and wonder
| why there is an Install icon on the desktop.
| This is just one more step towards that
| user-friendly Nirvana that all OS developers
| are searching for.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1493

Ubuntu's Lucid Lynx Linux OS Debuts With an Eye on ISVs

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Linux 10.4 release codenamed the
| Lucid Lynx is set for general availability
| today, providing users with new desktop,
| server and cloud capabilities. Canonical,
| the lead commercial sponsor behind Ubuntu,
| is also highlighting the broad ISV support
| for the release.
|
| The Lucid release is particularly important
| for Ubuntu as it is the project's first
| enterprise Long-Term Support (LTS) release
| since the 8.04 Hardy Heron release in 2008.
| Ubuntu LTS releases come out every two years
| and offer three years of support on the
| desktop and five years on the server, while
| regular Ubuntu releases only come with
| support for 18 months.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3879396/Ubuntus-Lucid-Lynx-Linux-OS-Debuts-With-an-Eye-on-ISVs.htm

Ubuntu 10.04 Server Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Server Edition is changing the server
| market for businesses by delivering the best
| of free software on a stable, fully
| supported and secure platform.
|
| [...]
|
| Most organizations want the reassurance of
| having a professional service behind them,
| that s why Canonical provides exceptional
| services for Ubuntu Server Edition.
`----

http://www.techtree.com/India/Downloads/Ubuntu_1004_Server_Edition/551-110950-654.html

Software Review: Ubuntu 10.04 - Late Night Thoughts

http://desicritics.org/2010/05/01/115311.php

Ubuntu 10.04: First Impressions and Features

http://www.gwabble.com/1183/ubuntu-10-04-first-impressions-and-features/

Ubuntu Launches 10.04 'Lucid Lynx'

http://www.trustedreviews.com/software/news/2010/04/30/Ubuntu-Launches-10-04--Lucid-Lynx-/p1

Ubuntu 10.10 for netbooks to have single menu bar design

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth, founder of the Ubuntu
| project, this week announced that the next
| version of Ubuntu will incorporate a global
| menu bar for all of its applications. The
| new universal menubar will only be enabled
| by default on the netbook edition of Ubuntu
| 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat".
`----

http://www.neowin.net/news/ubuntu-1010-for-netbooks-to-have-single-menu-bar-design

Much Awaited And Fully Loaded Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" Released!

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/04/much-awaited-and-fully-loaded-ubuntu.html

Ubuntu 10.04 - Perfect

http://lunduke.com/?p=1095

Ubuntu 10.04 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Ubuntu%2010.04

Put Windows to the Most Appropriate Use: Create a Bootable USB Stick with Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| The following steps provide two methods of
| putting the fresh new release of Ubuntu
| 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) on a USB stick. The
| first method will create a bootable USB
| stick with a live version and the second
| process will create a live version with
| persistence. Both methods are an excellent
| way to always have your favorite Ubuntu
| system and software with you at all times
| and it makes for one of the simplest ways to
| conduct an install to a hard drive.

Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 Post Installation Guide

http://www.my-guides.net/en/guides/linux/193-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-1004-post-installation-guide

(X)ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| On a final note, I will say that performance
| has improved drastically with the 10.04
| release. Some of the issues I encountered in
| the previous kernel version have also been
| resolved. The boot time is only a fraction
| of what it was in 9.10, and with 10.04 being
| a LTS release, I am very confident that I
| will be more than satisfied with the *buntu
| family of operating systems for quite some
| time. The speed, security, simplicity, and
| stability are definitely unmatched by
| previous releases, and compete well with
| many of the other systems currently
| available.
`----

http://elevenislouder.blogspot.com/2010/05/xubuntu-1004.html

Next Ubuntu netbook edition will have global menu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=6375