[News] Debian Used in New Device and Gets Support From NorthScale

  • Subject: [News] Debian Used in New Device and Gets Support From NorthScale
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:38:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

DIN rail PC offers choice of field buses

,----[ Quote ]
| Kontron announced two rugged, fanless PCs
| designed for DIN Rail mounting. The ThinkIO-
| Solo and ThinkIO-Duo include Debian Linux,
| 1.06GHz Intel Celeron or 1.2GHz Core Duo U2500
| processors, up to 1GB of RAM and 4GB of flash
| storage, a CompactFlash socket, two Ethernet
| ports, and support for DVI-I and VGA monitors,
| the company says.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Kontron-ThinkIOSolo-and-ThinkIODuo/?kc=rss

NorthScale Updates Market-Leading Memcached Distribution; Adds Debian Package to Download Options

,----[ Quote ]
| With today's announcement, NorthScale Memcached
| Server is now available via easily downloadable
| software packages for Windows, Red Hat Linux,
| Ubuntu and other Linux distributions supporting
| the .rpm and .deb package formats. Downloads
| are available at
| www.northscale.com/get_started.html.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/northscale-updates-market-leading-memcached-distribution-adds-debian-package-to-download-options-92183644.html