[News] Open-Xchange Gets Cheaper, Free to Modify

  • Subject: [News] Open-Xchange Gets Cheaper, Free to Modify
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:02:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open-Xchange Simplifies SaaS Pricing, Targets Exchange

,----[ Quot ]
| Open-Xchange, the open source Microsoft
| Exchange competitor and collaboration
| platform thatâs been turning heads in the
| hosted application market, has announced a
| simplified SaaS partner pricing structure
| that comes in two flavors: guaranteed
| revenue and flat rate. Hereâs the scoop on
| what could be a sign of things to come for
| the cloud market and the IT channel.
|
| If Open-Xchangeâs press release is to be
| believed, Open-Xchange only cares about two
| things from its partners: how big your
| customer base is, and how you plan to pay
| for the groupware subscriptions. They call
| it âOXrateâ pricing, and they have five
| tiered part to more than ner levels from less than
| 1,000 250,000 customers. No matter
| what tier you fall on, though, theyâre still
| offering both aforementioned pricing
| schemes.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/04/29/open-xchange-simplifies-saas-pricing-targets-exchange/

How to help large organizations to contribute open source project ?

,----[ Quote ]
| During the 2010 thinktank in Napa, one of
| the participant asked the audience the
| following question "How could we help
| organizations to contribute to Open Source
| software".
|
| The problem is the following : most of the
| large organizations rely on open source
| software one way or another. There is not
| necessarily an official policy about FLOSS
| usage but system engineers and IT
| administrators & developers tends to use and
| deploy Open Source software.
`----

http://openceo.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-help-large-organizations-to.html

Recent:

Open-Xchange Adds Integration With VoIP

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source collaboration software vendor
| Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice
| over Internet Protocol) and social
| networking sites in the latest version of
| its e-mail server and client.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/191626/openxchange_adds_integration_with_voip.html

Latest Open-Xchange Groupware Offers Integrated VoIP

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange, a provider of business-class
| open source collaboration software, today
| announced enhancements that give users
| telephone and fax integrated with e-mail,
| contacts, calendar and task information.
`----

http://www.open-xchange.com/en/node/1007

Open-Xchange, 4PSA Team on Open-Source UC

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source e-mail and collaboration
| software vendor Open-Xchange has done a
| little collaborating itself to offer an
| enhanced unified communications product set
| that includes telephone and fax integrated
| with e-mail, contacts, calendar and task
| information.
`----

http://www.von.com/news/open-xchange--4psa-team-on-open-source-uc.html

SaaS Partners Boost Open-Xchange

,----[ Quote ]
| As you may know, Open-Xchange is an open
| source email system. The company claims 2009
| was a banner year; more than 15 million
| people worldwide are running Open-Xchange, an
| 80 percent increase from 2008.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/12/16/saas-partners-boost-open-xchange/

Alfresco, RightScale: Open Sourceâs Next Cloud Move

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco Chief Marketing Officer Ian Howells
| is talking up a new cloud relationship with
| RightScale. But thatâs not all. More than
| 1,000 customers now pay for Alfrescoâs open
| source content management system. Next,
| Howells expects a winner-take-all scenario in
| the open source market. Should VARs care? You
| bet. Hereâs why.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/12/16/alfresco-rightscale-open-sources-next-cloud-move/

Latest Open-Xchange Makes Webmail and Social Network Integration Easy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thehostingnews.com/latest-open-xchange-makes-webmail-and-social-network-integration-easy-12097.html