[News] Many New Reviews and Experiences With Free/Libre GNU/Linux Applications

  • Subject: [News] Many New Reviews and Experiences With Free/Libre GNU/Linux Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 23:50:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Whatâs new with Radio Tray?

http://www.ogmaciel.com/?p=1016

Gwibber on Gentoo

http://the-gay-bar.com/2010/05/03/gwibber-on-gentoo/

Four tools I donât use

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/four-tools-i-dont-use/

Empathy as Ubuntu's IRC client

,----[ Quote ]
| Empathy replaced Pidgin as Ubuntu's default
| messaging client in 9.10. Overall, I'm
| happy with this decision; I use Empathy
| daily for instant messaging, and love the
| way it integrates into the new indicator
| applets in Ubuntu 10.04. However, there is
| one major problem I've seen over the last
| year: it's difficult to set up Empathy to
| do IRC, and once it's set up, Empathy is a
| poor IRC client. I feel this is a
| significant problem, because IRC is widely
| used in the Ubuntu community for support
| and for interacting with Ubuntu's various
| teams. Ubuntu not shipping a usable IRC
| client by default is an unacceptable hurdle
| for new users trying to get help with
| Ubuntu or participate in the Ubuntu
| community.
`----

http://rww.dreamwidth.org/6196.html

Vectorial Drawing on Linux - Xara Extreme

The current version is 0.7.

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/vectorial-drawing-on-linux-xara-extreme.html

Blender Basics e-book for free download

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/blender-basics-e-book-for-free-download.html