[News] KDE 4.5 in Pictures, KDE 4.4.3 "Awesome" on Debian

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4.5 in Pictures, KDE 4.4.3 "Awesome" on Debian
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 23:57:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The New in KDE 4.5 with pictures

,----[ Quote ]
| 4 - tiling windows, and is a feature to
| show all windows with each other to
| facilitate movement between them.
`----

http://linux-software-news-tutorials.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-in-kde-45-with-pictures.html

KDE 4.4.3 reached Debian Sid, and its awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, the 3rd of May 2010, KDE SC 4.4.3
| has been uploaded to Debian Sid (Unstable).
| This is the first of the 4.4.x series that
| Debian has had (outside of the Experimental
| repository and an unofficial repository),
| and so far the whole of it is awesome.
`----

http://gnuski.blogspot.com/2010/05/kde-443-reached-debian-sid-and-its.html

Elementary Modification of the KDESC 4.4 Default Login (KDM & KSplash)

http://www.mygnulinux.com/?p=636

Who is KDE part XXX

,----[ Quote ]
| The growing diversity in our community
| brings more fun and more creativity, so I
| welcome it. I'm awaiting a few GSoC
| students from Nigeria - after reading the
| final report from Ade about the conference
| there I have high hopes... But for now, I
| think we're looking at a very successful
| Summer of Code, and those who aren't in
| yet: you can join the Season of KDE
| project, where despite the lack of
| financial compensation you will get the
| same guidance and some cool (Kool?) gear!
| Lydia is also still looking for mentors,
| btw. If you would love to do KDE Promo
| things, I hereby offer my services as
| mentor!
`----

http://nowwhatthe.blogspot.com/2010/05/who-is-kde-part-xxx.html

Kobby: KDE collaborative text editor

,----[ Quote ]
| My series of articles covering text editors
| wouldnât be complete without a
| collaborative tool. I have already covered
| (some time ago) Gobby (see my article
| âCollaborate in real time with Gobbyâ) and
| now itâs time to re-visit this topic from
| the KDE perspective. The KDE equivalent of
| Gobby is, to no surprise, Kobby. Kobby is a
| tool that allows users to to collaborate on
| text files either with another Kobby
| instance or even an instance of Gobby.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/02/kobby-kde-collaborative-text-editor/

Ubuntu Makes Another Poor Technology Choice â Battle of the Movie Editors

,----[ Quote ]
| So why did Ubuntu do this? Either they are
| not aware of kdenlive and its capabilities
| â which canât be true, because itâs
| available in their repositories, or they
| have an aversion to including anything in
| the default install that requires the KDE
| libraries. While I can understand that
| approach â there is only so much space on
| the CD â why substitute for a clearly
| inferior application. In my view this is
| both a poor technical and marketing choice.
| They would have been better leaving PiTiVi
| off the default CD rather than tainting
| userâs impression of the readiness or
| otherwise of Linux for the desktop. Whilst
| Iâm not saying that video editing for Linux
| is as healthy as on other platforms, I am
| saying it is a hell of a lot more advanced
| that Ubuntu and PiTiVi would lead the
| average person to think.
`----

http://everydaylht.com/2010/05/02/ubuntu-makes-another-poor-technology-choice-battle-of-the-movie-editors/

Recent:

NimbleX 2010 Beta Makes the Switch to KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/NimbleX-2010-Beta-Makes-the-Switch-to-KDE4-141054.shtml