[News] Linux Filesystems Perform Better Than Windows'

  • Subject: [News] Linux Filesystems Perform Better Than Windows'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 16:17:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

EXT4 File-System Looks To Do Well Against NTFS

,----[ Quote ]
| While EXT4 has regressed a fair amount (as
| we have talked about in countless articles)
| since it was deemed stable in the mainline
| Linux kernel, it's looking like it's still
| able to hold its ground against Windows 7
| and NTFS at least with this synthetic disk
| benchmark. It will be more interesting to
| see how Apache, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and
| other real-world applications perform
| between the two operating systems --
| especially as that's where EXT4 has had a
| challenging experience with recent kernel
| releases that try to improve data safety at
| the cost of speed.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODIxNw

Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 "Lyngen" Beta 2 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| For those looking to run any sort of
| automated benchmarks on Linux, Mac OS X,
| OpenSolaris, BSD, or even Windows 7 x64, the
| beta 2 release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.6
| "Lygen" has been released this morning.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODIxOA

Recent:

File-System Benchmarks With The Linux 2.6.34 Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_2634_fs&num=1