[News] A Look at Linux 2.6.34 (Kernel Space), Ways Forward

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Linux 2.6.34 (Kernel Space), Ways Forward
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 16:18:49 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kernel Log: Coming in 2.6.34 (Part 3) - Graphics

,----[ Quote ]
| Having renamed Linux kernel 2.6.34-rc5 Sheep
| on Meth, late last week Linus Torvalds
| released the sixth pre-release version of
| Linux 2.6.34. The rate and scope of changes
| is, as usual at this stage in the
| development cycle, slowly declining, but,
| apart from a vague suggestion that 2.6.34 is
| close to completion, Torvalds has given no
| indication of when it will be released â
| expectations are that it will be out in one
| to three weeks.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-34-Part-3-Graphics-994262.html

The kernel column #86

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/opinion/the-kernel-column-86/

Jon Corbet QA: Upstream Contributions Influence Direction of Linux Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| Jon Corbet is a highly-recognized
| contributor to the Linux kernel community.
| He is a developer and the executive editor
| of Linux Weekly News (LWN). He is also The
| Linux Foundation's chief meteorologist, a
| role in which he translates kernel-level
| milestones into an industry outlook for
| Linux. Corbet has also written extensively
| on how to work within the Linux kernel
| development community and has moderated a
| variety of panels on the topic. Today, he
| gives us an update on the Linux "weather
| forecast," why sharing your code upstream is
| critical, and the state of virtualization in
| the kernel.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/185-jennifer-cloer/305702-jon-corbet-qa-upstream-contributions-influence-direction-of-linux-kernel

Linux Foundation Announces LinuxCon Keynotes, Mini-Summits

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Linux-Foundation-Announces-LinuxCon-Keynotes-Mini-Summits-1159076.htm

LINBIT takes over Heartbeat Code Maintenance

,----[ Quote ]
| Philipp Reisner, CTO, LINBIT notes that
| LINBIT continues to boost its dedication to
| open source and High-Availability by
| adopting Heartbeat: âApart from DRBD, LINBIT
| now also maintains another important
| component of the Linux-HA stack. In the
| past, LINBIT has repeatedly contributed to
| other parts of Linux-HA including Pacemaker.
| One can say that if you are relying on
| Linux-HA, you are also relying upon LINBIT.
| If you want to achieve High-Availability in
| Linux, it's impossible without LINBIT!"
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/linbit-takes-over-heartbeat-code-maintenance,1284803.shtml

Recent:

Linux: 2.6.34-rc4, "Hunting A Really Annoying VM Regression"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/2.6.34-rc4_Hunting_A_Really_Annoying_VM_Regression