[News] Research on Linux Evolution

Yale Scientists Explain Why Computers Crash But We Donât

,----[ Quote ]
| The hierarchical organization of the
| transcriptional regulatory network of
| bacterium E. Coli, left, shows a pyramidal
| structure compared to the Linux call graph,
| which has many more routines controlling few
| generic functions at the bottom.
`----

http://www.articleant.com/gen/77777-yale-scientists-explain-why-computers-crash-but-we-don---t.html

Why E.Coli Bacteria Is Better Than Your Computer

,----[ Quote ]
| I suppose the prevailing question is this:
| Why the hell would anyone compare Linux to a
| rod-shaped bacterium that is commonly found
| in the lower intestine of warm-blooded
| organisms? According to study author and
| Albert L. Williams Professor of Biomedical
| Informatics Mark Gerstein, there was little
| or no alcohol involved in coming up with the
| idea.
`----

http://kotaku.com/5531775/why-ecoli-bacteria-is-better-than-your-computer

Regulation and evolution in bacteria and Linux

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2010/05/regulation-and-evolution-in-bacteria-and-linux.ars

Linux vs. Genome in Network Challenge

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/05/linux-vs-life/

Linux vs. E. Coli

http://www.the-source.com/2010/05/linux-vs-e-coli/

The GNU/Linux Code of Life

,----[ Quote ]
| One reason I chose this area was the amazing
| congruence between the battle between free and
| closed-source software and the fight to place
| genomic data in the public domain, for all to
| use, rather than having it locked up in
| proprietary databases and enclosed by gene
| patents. As I like to say, Digital Code of Life
| is really the same story as Rebel Code, with
| just a few words changed.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/05/gnulinux-code-of-life.html

Recent: