[News] A Look at Scribes for GNU/Linux and Some New Proprietary Applications

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Scribes for GNU/Linux and Some New Proprietary Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 16:47:36 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Scribes experience: Itâs all about productivity!

,----[ Quote ]
| When a text editorâs catch phrase is
| âScribes: Itâs about the experience, not
| features.â you have to wonder what you are
| in for. However, Scribes is a very different
| editor. Scribes is all about making you
| productive. In fact, the developers of
| Scribes declare you will become
| exponentially more productive when using
| their tool. Why? Because they have
| implemented only features that focus on
| productivity. That is why you wonât find a
| collection of features that, in the grand
| scheme of productivity, do nothing.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/06/the-scribes-experience-its-all-about-productivity/

CloudLinux Announces Compatibility with R1Soft, the Leading Backup Software for Linux Servers in the Cloud

http://www.prurgent.com/2010-05-04/pressrelease93068.htm

eScan introduces antivirus protection for Linux based systems

,----[ Quote ]
| eScan has recently unveiled its latest
| version of antivirus solution for the Linux
| platform.Called eScan for Linux version 3.0,
| the antivirus software is designed for both
| Linux desktops and file servers.
`----

http://www.informationweek.in/Security/10-05-05/eScan_introduces_antivirus_protection_for_Linux_based_systems.aspx

eScan Launches Antivirus Solution for Linux Users

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/eScan_Launches_Antivirus_Solution_for_Linux_Users/551-111020-580.html

eScan to Release Linux 3.0 Version

http://www.latestngadgets.com/escan-to-release-linux-3-0-version/4371.html

Related:

Scribes is a smart editor

,----[ Quote ]
| Editors are very personal, subjective choices. You either hate them or love
| them. I hated my previous editor on Windows, and in several instances I lost
| lots of drafts because of editors hanging on me [You're fired -Ed]. No, I
| don't mean Human editors, I mean, software, you know, the little programs
| where you type stuff.

Scribes - What's New in 0.3.1?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm delighted to announce a new release of Scribes. Scribes is the
| sexy and extensible text editor for GNOME that uniquely balances
| simplicity with power.
`----

http://scribes.sourceforge.net/release-note-0-3-1.html

Scribes 0.3 Released