[News] Variants of Ubuntu in Review: Kubuntu 10.04, DEFT Linux 5.1 Released

  • Subject: [News] Variants of Ubuntu in Review: Kubuntu 10.04, DEFT Linux 5.1 Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:28:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kubuntu 10.04: Another Average KDE Distro

,----[ Quote ]
| Kubuntu is an official derivative of Ubuntu,
| which focuses on using the KDE desktop
| rather than GNOME, and applications built
| with Qt over GTK. In the past, Kubuntu was
| new and fresh, and had that extra bit of
| attention paid to it that made a real
| difference. In fact, Kubuntu is mostly
| responsible for my giving up the GNOME
| desktop and preferring KDE, because Kubuntu
| implemented it right, though later on
| quality of this distro fell through the
| cracks. I tested the latest release on my
| Dell Latitude D630 laptop, an oldie but
| still one of my favorite machines.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1498

DEFT Linux 5.1 Comes with Sleuthkit 3.1.1 and Autopsy 2.24

,----[ Quote ]
| DEFT Linux is a highly specialized Linux
| distribution aimed at forensic computing. It
| comes with a number of dedicated tools and
| is a computer investigatorâs best friend.
| The latest release, DEFT Linux 5.1, is a
| small maintenance update, which brings some
| newer packages and fixes a couple of bugs.
| The projectâs leader, Stefano Fratepietro,
| announced the release earlier today and the
| distro is available for download from the
| link below.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/DEFT-Linux-5-1-Comes-with-Sleuthkit-3-1-1-and-Autopsy-2-24-141289.shtml

Recent:

Kubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

,----[ Quote ]
| Hereâs a list of some ofz whatâs new in this
| release:

| The Kubuntu logo has been updated on the |

`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2010/05/03/kubuntu-linux-10-04-lts-lucid-lynx/