[News] New Examples of Free Software Spreading Through to Bigger Business

  • Subject: [News] New Examples of Free Software Spreading Through to Bigger Business
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:50:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Twiki Inc. Announces OpenID Integration for Seamless Login with Google, Yahoo or AOL OpenID Accounts

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/twiki-inc-announces-openid-integration,1277366.shtml

Need desktop access over the Web? Try some Guacamole

,----[ Quote ]
| A new open source project dubbed Guacamole
| allows users to access a desktop remotely
| through a Web browser, potentially
| streamlining the requirements for client
| support and administration.
|
| Guacamole is a HTML5 and JavaScript (Ajax)
| VNC viewer, which makes use of a VNC-to-XML
| proxy server written in Java.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/345260/need_desktop_access_over_web_try_some_guacamole

GIMP Resynth vs. Photoshop Content Aware

,----[ Quote ]
| Just after Adobe released videos showing off
| the content-aware feature of Photoshop CS5,
| the GIMP community answered by showing the
| resynthesizer plugin, which has been
| available for some time and can do a similar
| job.
`----

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/05/05/1228221/GIMP-Resynth-vs-Photoshop-Content-Aware

LOVEFiLMâs love affair with open source

,----[ Quote ]
| LOVEFiLM has stuck with open source
| throughout the company's growth, but there
| have been changes along the way.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/622960/lovefilm-s-love-affair-with-open-source

Interview with Cory Fields of XBMC

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently had the honor of spending time
| with Cory Fields, the Public / Business
| Relations Manger for XBMC. XBMC is the
| premier free and open source, cross-platform
| home entertainment system. XBMC was
| originally created for the first-generation
| Xbox, but has evolved to now be primarily
| available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft
| Windows. As proof to their success, the XBMC
| project has recently been accepted by the
| SFLC as clients. A perfect way to test XBMC
| is to download the live CD.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/interview-cory-fields-xbmc

CONNECT event draws a range of coders