[News] Chrome for GNU/Linux Gets Better, Overrides Repos Settings

  • Subject: [News] Chrome for GNU/Linux Gets Better, Overrides Repos Settings
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:45:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chrome 5: Faster and better

,----[ Quote ]
| The first thing you'll notice with Google's
| new beta of its Chrome Web browser is that
| it's faster -- much faster -- than the last
| version. You don't need any fancy tests to see
| that. All you have to do is use it, and you'll
| see that it blows other browsers away.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16049/chrome_5_faster_and_better

Google Chrome Automatically Installs Google Repository in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| This is something I have never heard of. I was
| trying to install Google Chrome in Ubuntu and
| in the download page a small note came into my
| notice. It goes something like this
| "Installing Google Chrome will add the Google
| repository so your system will automatically
| keep Google Chrome up to date".
`----

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/05/google-chrome-automatically-installs.html

Recent:

Google Chrome OS Netbooks To Sell For Under $400

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's CEO, Eric Schmidt, has revealed
| that he expects netbooks and other devices
| based running the company's forthcoming
| Google Chrome OS to be available for
| between $300 and $400.
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/4/21/google-chrome-os-netbooks-sell-under-400/

Google: Chrome OS netbooks should cost around Â300

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mobilecomputermag.co.uk/news/100421/google-chrome-os-netbooks-should-cost-around-300