[News] Mozilla and Shuttleworth Foundation Collaborate

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla and Shuttleworth Foundation Collaborate
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:43:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Education for an Open Web

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla Foundation and the Shuttleworth
| Foundation support dynamic leaders with new
| ideas that drive openness and innovation. In
| particular, we share an interest in how open
| technologies and open education can foster
| creativity, participation and fresh thinking
| that improves the world. For this reason, we
| have decided to jointly offer an Education for
| the Open Web Fellowship. This is the call for
| proposals.
`----

http://www.mozilla.org/grants/education-fellowship.html

Firefox 3.7a5pre: Tabs on Top, New Add-on Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.7a5pre now has an option to place
| the browser's tabs on top of the controls,
| similar to Google Chrome. This is likely part
| of Mozilla's plans to redesign Firefox for
| version 4. The new option can be found in the
| right-click menu as "Tabs on Top" below
| "Navigation Toolbar" and "Bookmarks Toolbar".
`----

http://www.inatux.com/article?r=firefox-3.7a5pre-tabs-on-top-new-add-on-window

Recent:

Firefox Mobile - Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The N900 is my handheld of choice and as
| I've stated before it is by far the web
| browsing phone currently on the market. The
| most wonderful thing about FOSS is choice,
| just like a desktop computer the N900
| provides you with a variety of web browsers
| to choose from and the Mozilla cooperation
| choose Maemo as the first platform to
| release their mobile browser for. I've been
| using firefox as the primary browser on my
| N900 since just prior to it's 1.0 release,
| the following are my summations of what I
| think of Mozilla's mobile browser.
|
| [...]
|
| All in all I think firefox mobile is the
| best browser currently available for the
| Maemo platform and thanks to the browser-
| switchboard it is the default browser on my
| device.
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/04/firefox-mobile-review.html

Hands-on: Mozilla's foxy Fennec prerelease build for Android

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/04/hands-on-mozillas-foxy-fennec-prerelease-build-for-android.ars

Firefox 1.1 Beta sails onto the Nokia N900 mobile phone

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N900 handset is based on the
| Linux-based Maemo platform and is also noted
| to be dubbed as a pocket computer. With the
| trendy phone, users can seamlessly carry out
| all their online activities from their
| mobile device itself. Now Firefox is all set
| to grace the handset terrain by unfurling
| Firefox 1.1 Beta onto the Nokia N900.
`----

http://www.mobiletor.com/2010/04/30/firefox-1-1-beta-sails-onto-the-nokia-n900-mobile-phone/

Firefox challenges Facebook with ID platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Facebook's ambition to become a default
| identification platform for the web could be
| threatened by an in-browser identity
| management system from Mozilla. The firm
| behind second-placed browser Firefox is
| testing an open-source system called Account
| Manager, which unlike Facebook's platform
| will allow users to switch between
| identities from different services.
`----

http://digitalmedia.strategyeye.com/article/dADqpDv3gmc/2010/04/28/mozilla_challenges_facebook_with_id_platform/

Can't Program, won't Program? Then Mash the Web with Mozilla's Ubiquity

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozillaâs Firefox browser has been
| downloaded more that one billion times and
| its success is reflected in the millions of
| downloads of one of its killer features:
| addons (or extensions, as we geriatrics
| called them).
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/cant_programme_wont_programme_then_mash_web_mozillas_ubiquity