[News] Android/Linux Getting Better for Phones, Runs Even on HypePhones

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Getting Better for Phones, Runs Even on HypePhones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:06:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Goggles turns Android into pocket translator

,----[ Quote ]
| The mobile application for Android got
| updated today with the ability to snap a
| picture of some words and instantly
| translate them into the language of the
| owner.
`----

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/06/google-goggles-turns-android-into-pocket-translator/

Google: Android 2.1 is catching up

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not too surprising that Android 2.0
| and 2.0.1 numbers have begun to shrink,
| especially considering the fact that
| Motorola recently released the 2.1 update
| for it's popular Droid (also known in
| Europe as the Motorola Milestone) devices â
| one of the few phones to include the 2.0.x
| branch of Android. By comparison, the first
| smartphone to use Android, the T-Mobile G1,
| will not officially run versions later than
| 1.6 for technical reasons. Although Google
| says that it simply doesn't have enough
| internal memory, unofficial releases of
| Android 2.1 are available online.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Google-Android-2-1-is-catching-up-993043.html

Android running on iPhone 3G

,----[ Quote ]
| Wang said that next up is audio support:
| âWeâve already laid the groundwork for
| audio support on the 3G and gotten it
| working in our homemade bootloader, so
| support for audio in Linux/Android will be
| coming in a few days.â
`----

http://www.telecoms.com/20199/android-running-on-iphone-3g/

Recent:

Google Says There Are Now 30,000 Apps In Android Market

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/16/google-30000-android-market/