[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Has New Product for Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Has New Product for Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:19:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Hands-on with Ubuntu's new Unity netbook shell

,----[ Quote ]
| During a keynote at the Ubuntu Developer
| Summit in Belgium, Ubuntu founder Mark
| Shuttleworth unveiled a new lightweight user
| interface shell called Unity. The new shell
| is designed to use screen space more
| efficiently and consume fewer system
| resources than a conventional desktop
| environment. It will be a key component of
| the Ubuntu Netbook Edition and a new instant-
| on computing platform called Ubuntu Light.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2010/05/exclusive-hands-on-with-ubuntus-new-unity-netbook-shell.ars

Unity, and Ubuntu Light

,----[ Quote ]
| The fruit of that R&D is both a new desktop
| experience codebase, called Unity, and a
| range of Light versions of Ubuntu, both
| netbook and desktop, that are optimised for
| dual-boot scenarios.
`----

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/383

Canonical Has An "Ubuntu Light" Spin For OEMs

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODIzMg

Recent:

Netbooks are Alive and Well

,----[ Quote ]