[News] New Free/Open Source Projects, Trend Looking Good

  • Subject: [News] New Free/Open Source Projects, Trend Looking Good
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:21:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cooperation with OSBF & OSR Group: WeWebU Expands Open Source Network

,----[ Quote ]
| Furthermore, on its way to an Open Source
| vendor WeWebU works together with Prof. Dr.
| Dirk Riehle, leader of the OSR Group at the
| University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. Thus,
| they quickly can integrate newest trends
| and research results into their development
| process. Prof. Dr. Riehle knows the
| advantages of an Open Source strategy: âWe
| see that Open Source marketing and
| development models are ahead of traditional
| closed source approaches. Open Source
| allows software product companies to go to
| market faster with a better product and at
| lower costs.â With this method, WeWebU
| wants to be up-to-date and close to the
| usersâ requirements as well.
`----

http://www.openpr.com/news/130622/Cooperation-with-OSBF-OSR-Group-WeWebU-Expands-Open-Source-Network.html

BlendELF 0.9 Beta, Compact Open Source Game Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| BlendELF is a work in progress, compact
| open source 3d game engine aimed towards
| independent game developers for quick
| prototyping and game / virtual environment
| creation.
`----

http://www.devmaster.net/news/index.php?storyid=2476

Smart Grid Trends Are All Up