[News] Free Software Could Teach Sprint a Lesson

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Could Teach Sprint a Lesson
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:22:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sprint needs to learn a lesson from open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs very interesting that this is the case
| seeing as how the same phone has been
| rooted with 2.1. Or, even better, I read a
| post on another site of man who
| successfully ported Android 2.1 to an
| iPhone 2G. But what exactly does all of
| this have to do with open source? I knew
| youâd get to that question.
|
| If you swim with the open source fishes
| long enough you start seeing the patterns
| develop surrounding development -
| specifically bug fixes and update releases.
| Ubuntu is a perfect example. Every 6 months
| Canonical ships a new version of their
| distribution. Sometimes those releases are
| epic in scale (such as 9.10 to 10.04). Yet
| they still manage to get those releases out
| on time. And, as you continue to use that
| release, you find that updates come very
| shortly after a bug is discovered.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1533

How to truly fuel the adoption of Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| A guest post by Ms. Darlene Parker from
| Opentechexchange. Ms Parker is actively
| involved in the spread of Linux over here on
| the African continent. She is an expert in
| FOSS deployment.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/how-to-truly-fuel-adoption-of-open.html

Recent:

Copenhagen Climate Council Promotes GNU/Linux on Thin Clients

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/01/31/copenhagen-climate-council-promotes-gnulinux-on-thin-clients/