[News] [Rival] Micorosft Loses Bungie

StarCraft II: WoL Finally Gets Release Date, MechWarrior 4 Re-release Airs

,----[ Quote ]
| In other news that's sure to excite
| hardcore PC gamers, MechWarrior 4 has
| finally been re-released by fan community
| MekTek.net.  MekTek.net received permission
| to air the out of print game for free some
| time ago from developers Smith & Tinker,
| who licensed the MechWarrior rights from
| Microsoft, but Microsoft had initially
| stymied the project with legal threats.
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/StarCraft+II+WoL+Finally+Gets+Release+Date+MechWarrior+4+Rerelease+Airs/article18290.htm

Bungie jumps from Microsoft to Activision

,----[ Quote ]
| While Activision Blizzard look set to lose
| one set of award winning developers in the
| shape of Infinity Ward following recent
| troubles, they appear to be gaining another
| having signed an exclusive 10-year
| publishing deal with Bungie Studios.
`----

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/bungie-jumps-from-microsoft-to-activision-1958126.html

Bungie severs ties with Microsoft, signs big Activision deal

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/203968.asp

Let's Hope Bungie's Activision Deal Helps Them Outgrow Halo

http://www.pcworld.com/article/195410/lets_hope_bungies_activision_deal_helps_them_outgrow_halo.html

Bungie Teams With Activision -- What's Next for Halo?

,----[ Quote ]
| Two of the biggest names in video games,
| Activision and Bungie, announced an
| exclusive 10-year development deal last
| week, stunning Halo fans and leaving
| Microsoft's golden video game franchise at
| a crossroads.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/195377/bungie_teams_with_activision_whats_next_for_halo.html

Bungie Has 10-Year Plan for Secret New Game Series

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/04/bungie-activision-2/

Bungie: We Showed Our New Project To Microsoft And Sony

http://news.spong.com/article/21284/Bungie-We-Showed-Our-New-Project-To-Microsoft-And-Sony

Microsoft booste Brier Dudley

,----[ Quote ]
| Q&A: Bungie chief on Activision deal,
| Microsoft & Sony bids
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2011734937_qa_bungie_chief_on_activision.html

'Halo: Reach' Beta Server Problems Cured, Says Microsoft

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/05/06/halo-reach-beta-server-problems/

Recent:

Microsoft "destroyed development culture" at FASA - Weisman

,----[ Quote ]
| FASA Interactive founder Jordan Weisman has spoken out about Microsoft's
| acquisition of his highly-regarded studio, saying that the
| corporation "destroyed" its development culture and came close to doing the
| same with Halo developer Bungie.
|
| "When Microsoft bought FASA Interactive and incorporated it into Microsoft...
| the two reasons they bought us was, one, they wanted the catalogue of
| intellectual properties and, two, they felt that we had developed a really
| good development culture. And the reality is that, pretty much from the day
| we moved to Redmond, that development culture was destroyed," Weisman told
| GamesIndustry.biz.
`----

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-destroyed-development-culture-weisman

Game studio founder says Microsoft 'destroyed' its culture

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, the man who founded FASA Interactive
| bashed Microsoft for ultimately killing his video-game studio and nearly
| doing the same to famed "Halo" developer Bungie Studios.
|
| Jordan Weisman said Microsoft "destroyed" the development culture at FASA
| when the software giant acquired it in 1999. It became part of Microsoft Game
| Studios and developed Windows and Xbox games until Microsoft closed FASA in
| 2007 during cutbacks.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/177624.asp

Mechwarrior maker claims Microsoft 'destroyed' studio's culture

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/26/weisman_fasa_microsoft_destroyed_culture/

FASA's Dev Culture Was "Destroyed" By Microsoft

http://kotaku.com/5345828/fasas-dev-culture-was-destroyed-by-microsoft

Mechwarrior Creator Advises Against Selling Rights to Games

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mechwarrior-Creator-Advises-Against-Selling-Rights-to-Games-120017.shtml

Microsoft Destroyed FASA's Development Culture

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49918/Microsoft-Destroyed-FASAs-Development-Culture

FASA founder accuses Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Weisman says that Bungie's culture was better defended, and the developer
| says he even wanted the firm left in Chicago; efforts which ultimately
| failed.
|
| The FASA founder is presently trying to buy several IPs back from Microsoft,
| and is planning a new MechWarrior title with Piranha.
`----

http://play.tm/news/26411/fasa-founder-accuses-microsoft/

Microsoft 'destroyed' FASA culture, but I defended Bungie, Weisman tells all

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/26/microsoft-destroyed-fasa-culture-but-i-defended-bungie-weism/

MS nearly destroyed FASA and Bungie

,----[ Quote ]

`----