[News] [Rival] Microsoft Game Room Delayed Until "Further Notice", Layoffs May be Cause

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Game Room Delayed Until "Further Notice", Layoffs May be Cause
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:26:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Microsoft Game Room Games Delayed Until "Further Notice"

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Game Room hasn't had the
| smoothest rollout -- first a lot of users
| reported having problems even loading it up
| when it launched in late March, then we
| learned the regular schedule of weekly new
| game releases wouldn't kick in until late
| April. Now we're at late April...and it
| looks like we're going to keep waiting a
| little longer. Xbox Live European editor
| Dan Maher has tweeted that new Game Room
| games have been delayed for the time being.
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179046

Microsoft: Game Room Updates Delayed Till Further Notice

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Europe Xbox Live editor, Daniel
| Maher, announced via Twitter today that any
| further Game Room updates have been delayed
| "until further notice" without any reason
| for the delay.  Later in the day Major
| Nelson also tweeted that they are working
| on bringing additional Game Room titles "as
| soon as possible" but didn't provide any
| further information on the delays.
`----

http://www.world-gaming.com/console-gaming-news/xbox-360/231-microsoft-game-room-updates-delayed-till-further-notice.html

Despite Krome Layoffs, Microsoft Expects Weekly Game Room Updates

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704262/Despite-Krome-Layoffs-Microsoft-Expects-Weekly-Game-Room-Updates.html

Interview: Krome Studios On The Creation Of Game Room

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28393/Interview_Krome_Studios_On_The_Creation_Of_Game_Room.php

Microsoft cutbacks generate only a trickle of Seattle tech startups

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/05/microsoft_cutbacks_generate_only_a_trickle_of_startup_activity.html