[News] Advice for Moving From Windows to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Advice for Moving From Windows to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:39:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Migrating from Windows to GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| David H. Wheeler has argued in detail why you
| should at least consider GNU/Linux. However,
| as explained to Robin Miller in an interview
| for Linux.com in 2004, âin the end, the only
| way to be really sure that you have unbiased
| results is to do the comparison yourself â
| which you have to do anyway, because some
| measures like total cost of ownership (TCO)
| and performance are incredibly sensitive to
| specific environments.â
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2010/migrating-from-windows-to-gnulinux.html

What can Linux learn from Toyota?

http://www.tannerhelland.com/commentary/ubuntu-linux/linux-toyota-lessons/

Recent:

- From windows to Linux. Was there a choice?

,----[ Quote ]
| Currently I think that, until Linux came along,
| the normal pc user didn't have a choice in
| operating systems. They had windows and whether
| they liked it or not they were stuck with it.
| Now that Linux has evolved into a useful
| package which anybody can use, people do have a
| viable choice and they are choosing it.
|
| Tell us. Do you use windows only because you
| didn't think you had a choice? Now that you
| have a choice and you can choose to use Linux,
| BSD or windows, has that available choice
| effected your decision? Do you think
| differently about your operating system now
| that you know there are alternatives?
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/from-windows-to-linux-was-there-a-choice-35988

Create Bootable Live Linux USB Drives with UNetbootin

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/utilites/create-bootable-live-linux-usb-drives-with-unetbootin.html