[News] Free Software People Move From Oracle to ForgeRock

  • Subject: [News] Free Software People Move From Oracle to ForgeRock
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 01:16:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Former Sun Execs Land at ForgeRock

,----[ Quote ]
| Three former Sun Microsystems executives
| have set up shop at an open-source
| enterprise application software provider
| called ForgeRock.
|
| Former Sun executives Simon Phipps, Lasse
| Andresen and Hermann Svoren have joined
| Oslo-based ForgeRock in prominent
| positions. ForgeRock is the official
| steward of the ForgeRock I3 Open Platform
| project.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Former-Sun-Execs-Land-at-ForgeRock-OpenSource-Software-Provider-850793/

Sun open source reborn in ForgeRock

,----[ Quote ]
| When Oracle bought Sun, there were many
| unanswered questions about Sun's open-
| source portfolio of programs. Over a year
| later, we still don't know if OpenSolaris
| is going to have Oracle's support. But we
| do know that OpenSSO, an open-source access
| management and federation server platform,
| will live on as a product under the new
| open-source company ForgeRock.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16083/sun_open_source_reborn_in_forgerock

MyISAM Or InnoDB MySQL engine?

http://linuxers.org/howto/myisam-or-innodb-mysql-engine

Oracle hardware support plan stings Sun VARs

,----[ Quote ]
| The Oracle hardware support changes mean
| significantly higher prices and less
| flexible terms than customers received
| before Oracle acquired Sun.
`----

http://searchitchannel.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid96_gci1511758,00.html

Recent:

James Gosling praises Oracle's Java technology updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Java founder James Gosling has left
| Oracle apparently under less-than-cordial
| circumstances, he still can be found
| championing Java technologies now sponsored
| by Oracle.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/345251/james_gosling_praises_oracle_java_technology_updates?fp=2&fpid=1&rid=1

Why Java could thrive at Oracle