[News] Perl Programming Here to Stay

Guest Post: Why Perl isn't Going Away Soon (Or Ever)

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately, the Perl language has had less buzz
| surrounding it than many other languages and
| development environments, but Perl is still
| a key component on the Internet. For this
| guest post, we asked Jeff Hobbs, Director
| of Engineering at ActiveState, to weigh in
| on the topic.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/guest-post-why-perl-isnt-going-away-soon-or-ever

A Brief, Incomplete, and Mostly Wrong History of Programming Languages

,----[ Quote ]
| 1801 - Joseph Marie Jacquard uses punch
| cards to instruct a loom to weave "hello,
| world" into a tapestry. Redditers of the
| time are not impressed due to the lack of
| tail call recursion, concurrency, or proper
| capitalization.
`----

http://james-iry.blogspot.com/2009/05/brief-incomplete-and-mostly-wrong.html

Python 3.1: Strings and Quotes

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Python-31-Strings-and-Quotes/

Recent:

Perl 5 development continues as version 5.12 released

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/04/perl-5-development-resumes-version-512-released.ars