[News] "Smart" Television to Run Linux

Smart TVs as 'revolutionary' as the first colour sets

,----[ Quote ]
| A smart TV's operating system will be built
| around the Linux kernel and support Flash and
| OpenGL graphics. Content protection systems
| would also be built in.
`----

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2262853/smart-tv-revolutionary-first

Intel: Smart TV revolution 'biggest since move to colour'

,----[ Quote ]
| The chips are set to power a Linux-based OS
| and support Flash.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/intel-smart-tv-revolution-biggest-since-move-to-colour--688832

Recent:

Is your tv running Linux? (yet)

,----[ Quote ]
| Some manufacturers are using Linux for their
| television sets, Sony for instance has a
| impressive list of tv's which are running
| Linux.
`----

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/televison-runs-linux

Watching TV and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This all started a couple of weeks ago when I
| finally got around to putting the tv capture
| card I had picked up a year or two ago into my
| computer. Happily like most things in Linux,
| it just worked, that was a great plus. Sadly
| the software packages in existence that I ran
| across were either too much or too little,
| nothing was just right.
`----

http://azerthoth.blogspot.com/2010/01/watching-tv-and-linux.html

Save the Drama for Primetime: Restart MythTV the Easy Way

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/save-the-drama-for-primetime-restart-mythtv-the-easy-way