[News] Many Nice New Examples of Linux Running Devices

  • Subject: [News] Many Nice New Examples of Linux Running Devices
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:38:37 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cute Linux powered humanoid robot, speaks, listens and knows your face

,----[ Quote ]
| This is wakamura a 100cm high little robotic
| pall , originally developed to be used in
| house as a baby sitter.
| It has face recognition for 10 faces and
| understands 10000 words. It's powered by
| Linux and it's developed by mitsubishi.
`----

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/linux-powered-humanoid-robot

pico projector running linux, small and portable but big in features

,----[ Quote ]
| A Linux powered pico projector, this could be
| my next preferred traveling companion.
| Watching the movies I want while traveling,
| on a 70 inch projection, sounds right.
`----

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/pico-projector-linux

Linux now makes ice cream. Can your OS do that?

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/05/11/linux-now-makes-ice-cream-can-your-os-do-that/

Recent:

How does GPL licensing affect projects that don't involve linking/compiling?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://maratux.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-does-gpl-licensing-affect-projects.html